Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Dear Diary

So the day started watching the nurses sew up the back of Beatrice's head. She had a nasty nasty three inch gash. The hair, blood and thread almost did me in. Poor thing is in so much anguish that these are self inflicted. She has several other scars on her head and is so very frustrated. Her frustration leads her to acting out a lot.

We had two groups visit the center later in the day. A wonderful group of folks from the Neurologico Institute and my friend Jed and his friends from here. The first group has a school for Down Syndrome kids and the later are deeply involved in equine therapies. The horse activities are less than 1000 yards from our center and my house. I am nearly pinching myself with joy. I have been jogging around their facility for over a year now and always noodled with plugging in. Who knows, I may even take some lessons myself. I rode quite a bit as a child but we were too lazy for saddles so always rode bareback.

Appointments with orthopedic technicians tomorrow for Anahi and Ingrid. Should be interesting. Remind me not to be penny wise and pound foolish. This project started a year ago working within the system. Everybody was helpful, kind and professional. The kids have some therapies at another center, but little overall progress was made.

I finished the study of Acts using the Bible Study Podcast. This dude Chris Christiansen has been an excellent teacher. The right level for me. Thoughtful and knowledgeable without being too academic or pedantic. Though it has been a slow study for me, I have a much greater sense of the time line for Paul and the early Church. Also, a much greater appreciation for what they went through and how the Holy Spirit moved them and used them in spite of overwhelming challenges.


I owe Kat my quarterly update for the newsletter. I better get moving on that. Also, preparing for my 35th Exeter ( PEA ) Reunion next week. I seem to have been roped into three panel or activities. I am looking forward to seeing old friends.

No comments: