Friday, April 16, 2010

Week in Review.

Five days have passed since my re-enforcement troops returned to their primary posts. They strengthened our courage, resolve and commitment when they were here and still while they are remote. Excuse the troop analogy, but it really does feel like a battle some days. We know the good guys win in the end and in this case there is really no no enemy, but the extraordinary large pool of need is a mountain that does need to be attacked and taken. Kat, Brij, Audrey and Ann really were a powerful Blessing to the kids and myself. The kids keep asking for them and are so appreciative of any attention or act of kindness. Cecilia has appointed herself the guardian of my classroom and offers a running commentary on the photo montage on my computer screen. She gets so excited when she sees First Rate folks. Sometimes she'll run out of the room to drag someone in and point one of you out. She gets fuzzy on names, but had Tia Ann's name on the ready yesterday. You're all either my daughter, sister, Mother or wife according to her and the others. I just answer, "Si" to the familial questioning. Cecilia also always ask for my Mom and wants to pray for her. My Mom had the good news yesterday that her Melanoma had not metastasized.
The 5 days the FR folks spent here were great for me and this ministry. The morning Devo's were a great time to get together and reflect at a deeper level. The day to day fray can be so demanding that I lose sight of the Lord's vision for the community of CRPN and FR(usa), etc.
I love talking about kids, the center, the neighborhood and the country. For me, it is a Blessing to find people interested in this quirky little ministry.

No comments: