Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday and comensurate challenges

After planning little for Holy week here, I realized that the center was very short staffed and the kids had even less to do than usual. I have been fiddling with videos and movies. Very mixed results. Extremely short attention spans and heads in motion with profound autism. I have had better experience with Youtube kids cartoons and have leaned toward the classic Sunday School class type songs. Many of these folks have been institutionalized for many years and have a working knowledge of bible songs and concepts. We sang the song we used to sing skiing... "jesus loves me this I know, because he brings me powder snow...." Just kidding- sacrilege eh? No, the famous song that Jesus loves me because the Bible tells me so.....Nothing like an old standard on Good Friday

No comments: